missing shortcut

hugh-265156 22:17 30 Mar 03

evening all.i had 3dmark 2001se installed before and i uninstalled it some time ago.i have just reinstalled it and when i try to access it via shortcut on my desktop or in start/programs it tries to start and then throws up the messege windows is searching for this file to locate it click browse or C:\program files\Mad Onion.com\3DMark2001SE\SE\3DMark2001SE.exe\contains an invalid path.if i right click choose properties/find target i can start up ok any ideas as to what could be causing this?i have tried reinstalling again and same thing happens.thanks.

hugh-265156 22:29 30 Mar 03

sorry forgot to say i have xp home.

leo49 22:33 30 Mar 03

Are you sure that's the correct file-path?

Why not shortcircuit the faultfinding by creating a new shortcut by rightclicking the .exe/Send To Desktop[Create shortcut]and then copying into your Start/Progs menu and deleting the old ones?

Regards

hugh-265156 22:35 30 Mar 03

thank you will try that leo49.

hugh-265156 22:50 30 Mar 03

sorted thanks again leo49.am not going to tick resolved yet though as i would like to know what the cause things like this to happen.when i uninstall a program i always clean up folders and reg entries left behind that add remove does not.i though by doing so things like this should not happen.

leo49 22:55 30 Mar 03

From what I gathered Futuremark have recently changed from being madonion.com so perhaps they've now dropped the old madonion prefix but somehow it still appeared [old registry entry? who knows?]so giving a false file path.

Regards

hugh-265156 23:03 30 Mar 03

i was thinking similar as i have 3dmark2003 and its listed under futuremark but the name change had already happened when i installed this before and it all worked fine.the web links worked ok it was just the shortcut to the program itself.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…