Missing SATA Drivers

wingfield 15:03 23 Apr 08

This is a move on from a previous post yesterday
click here

The second hard drive is 40Gb and only used for storage. Can I just use a different IDE ribbon with 4 connectors as I have in another machine a connect both HD's and the dvd drive?

At the moment I have a IDE ribbon for the main 250Gb HD and DVD drive and a SATA cable for the second HD which is the one that's not showing in My Computer. I bought the machine last year with one hard drive and asked them to fit the second which was an old one of mine with important files on. I'm guessing they used the SATA cable. I'm taking it is the SATA cable and drivers which is the trouble from previous advice.

Lee.C 15:56 23 Apr 08

Unless it is a very unusual SATA hard drive, there won't be any way of connecting it to the ribbon (at least not without buying a special converter).
Even if you could, I'm not sure if your system would like three devices attached to the same ide connection.

Did you not have any luck finding the SATA drivers? According to this link (bottom two posts)...

click here

it should be possible to put them on after Windows is installed.

wingfield 16:58 23 Apr 08

Lee.C I've not had time to try and replace drivers. I think the PC doesn't have a floppy drive. The HD in question is and old one which was connected via a IDE in a previous machine. I'll be homw soon so might get a chance to have a go before going onto the next committment. Might try about 12 tonight!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…