missing right hand side of print

end 18:45 04 Oct 04

Windows 98 se; HP deskjet 840C; trying to print a page from my professional web site for my research ; but even when I ask it to "scale to fit" to even 97% the right hand side of print is chopped off.
and relooking at my printed pages, I have rather a "generous" gap on the left hand side; any ideas how or what I might be able to try to get a complete page pinted with all the characters on it readable...please

the printer is programed to A4 size paper.

am trying not to lose my temper with it but, struggling:(

VoG II 18:48 04 Oct 04

File/Page Setup and make the left and right hand margins smaller.

end 18:56 04 Oct 04

...experimenting..:)

to coin a phrase...am lost for words:)

SANTOS7 18:59 04 Oct 04

print in landscape instead of portrait in page setup

end 19:07 04 Oct 04

NOT a good idea:(

that turned the page on its side:)
still missing letters on the right hand side...

just how far can I dare to shrink the left hand margin ; will the page on the computer shrink to fit the printing size to give me all my characters?
am missing vital letters on the right hand side::))

end 19:10 04 Oct 04

( is blueyonder "working"?)

VoG II 19:13 04 Oct 04

Can you post a link to the web page you are trying to print or is it a restricted site?

If it is purely text that you are trying to print, click on the page and press CTRL+A thyen CTRL+C. Open Word and Edit, PasteSpecial, select Unformatted Text and click OK. You should then be able to print from Word.

end 19:24 04 Oct 04

..."should " being the operative word...

am awaiting the printer ....

end 19:29 04 Oct 04

and page and "area" is restricted , requiring my sepecific log-in codes, sorry:(

and it will not even print THIS forum page without missing off the right hand side either, as have now printed off those instructions , with some characters missing ::)))

Agent Smith 19:45 04 Oct 04

Try setting your paper to B4 but print on A4 this should reduce the size and fit onto page. This problem occurred with ebay some time ago when the web page setup was awry.

Djohn 19:52 04 Oct 04

Its to do with the way pixels are measured to fit the screen and they don't match up with the way a printer sees it as dots per inch.

If your printer will not allow edge to edge printing or landscape is not acceptable then the only thing to do is highlight the text you want to print then select File/Print/selection from the menu, or copy paste into word then scale from there and print. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…