Missing RAM????

HymansonAM 04:41 14 Sep 07

Hi,

I have an AMD athlon64 X2 Dual core Processor 4200+. When I brought my PC it only had 1GB of RAM. I upgraded my machine to Vista ultimate 64-bit. On my side bar I have a CPU meter and it told me that around 40% of it is in use all the time. I then installed another 2 GB of RAM bringing the total up to 3GB. Although the computer knows that it now has 3GB (it is included with the system info.) still the meter says about 40% is in use, i.e. no change. Why is this? Does it mean that my computer isn't using it and if so how can I get use out of all my RAM?

norman47 08:13 14 Sep 07

" I upgraded my machine to Vista ultimate 64-bit. "

Windows will be using it. the more you put in, the more it will take.

I had a gig in mine and windows was using 47%, I upped mine to 2Gb and windows took 45% of it.
Just check that all the 3Gb of ram is showing. Right click my computer > properties.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…