missing programmes

garabaldi 07:40 11 Apr 07

hi..can anyone help just reformatted my pc ..now outlook express is missing and so is system restore ime running windows pro ...thanx

Technotiger 07:48 11 Apr 07

Hi, if you mean that you have re-formatted your hard drive, it is not surprising that programs are missing. Reformatting wipes everything off the hard drive.

And if this is what you have done, you will need to completely re-install your XP Pro - I hope you have your original disc! You will also need to re-install any other programs you had on there.

Miros 07:48 11 Apr 07

Have you done a search for them?

jack 08:08 11 Apr 07

As with Technotiger
I wonder if you really mean 'REFORMAT'
Outlook Express will not be the only program that is missing.- and you are writing here - on the same machine?

What did you really do?
Tell us more.

Technotiger 08:40 11 Apr 07

Another thought - if you did not actually re-format your drive - if you have your original XP CD, insert it and when it opens try a Repair from the CD.

garabaldi 16:59 11 Apr 07

no what i done was reinstalled windows but i think i had a option to reformat the drive as well ..but some programmes are missing, i have then tried to fix xp like you said and a message comes up something like which intallation do you want to fix it needs a intallation number...help

Technotiger 17:36 11 Apr 07

Exactly what options does it show when it asks which installation do you want to fix? Anyway, the installation number is I guess, your XP key - usually a 25 digit series of numbers and letters.

VoG II 17:39 11 Apr 07

If it is asking for an installation number it sounds like you have installed a second copy of Windows.

Try starting from scratch click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…