Missing Power point Shortcut

betina 17:12 14 May 08

Hi guy's
Would be very grateful if you could help me with my Power Point issue. Seems my Shortcut has gone "AWOL" and as i found an article on line that informed me i could use Power Point to make Monograms for my Daughter's Wedding i thought i might like to have a go. Am not too savvy on all things PC (just enough to get by!!) i searched for the Power Point folder in Explorer and tried to create a shortcut (although not to sure if this would have worked lol!!) and all that happened was the "Look In" box came up!!!! I currently have Power point Version 11.0.5703.0 (1987-2003) as part of Microsoft Works Home Edition XP Service Pack 2. If you could show me the error of my ways guy's i would be well happy.

Have Nice One

Betina

MAT ALAN 17:52 14 May 08

If you use Microsoft PowerPoint on a regular basis, you should have an icon on the desktop that can lead you to it quickly. This icon is called a shortcut. There are various techniques used to create a shortcut. Probably the first thing you should find out is where your application is located. You can find out by doing a search on the computer. You can create a shortcut from the Programs menu.

By default, the shortcuts for Microsoft Office 2003 applications are located in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11 folder. The icon for Microsoft PowerPoint 2003 is called POWERPNT.

To create a shortcut from Windows Explorer or My Computer, you can right-click the Microsoft PowerPoint icon, position your mouse on Send To and click Desktop (Create Shortcut).

To create a shortcut from the Start menu, click Start -> (All) Programs. When the program appears, you can right-click it, position the mouse pointer on Send To and click Desktop (Create Shortcut).

betina 08:49 15 May 08

Hi Mat Alan
Many thanks for your help i followed your guidance and got my little icon back on my desktop no probs however when i double click on it the "lookin" box still appears instead of my Powerpoint Page!!! lol!! i would also like to add that when friends send powerpoint files to me my Power Point viewer opens up automatically so no issues there. So any other possible hints and tips would be most appreciated

Have a nice One!

Betina

Quiet Life 21:43 17 May 08

Power Point Viewer is a separate program.
As Mat Alan says go Computer: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\ Office 11 \ right click on PowerPoint.exe \ select create shortcut\ minimise the window and then drag shortcut to your desktop.

Quiet Life 22:11 17 May 08

Power Point Viewer is a separate program.
As Mat Alan says go Computer: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\ Office 11 \ right click on PowerPoint.exe \ select create shortcut\ minimise the window and then drag shortcut to your desktop.

betina 09:59 18 May 08

Hi Guy's

Betina here again no joy am afraid followed instructions again and (look in box still coming up??????) However on a plus side i downloaded the trial version Microsoft Office Home/Student 2007 and now have lots and lots of lovely Wedding Logos and Mongrams using my new Power Point. I am so pleased with the results that i will likely pay after the trial. However i wondered if once i paid for my new version would it be possible to uninstall my old Microsoft Works that came bundled with Windows on my Packard Bell PC it just seems silly to have both.???? or am i just being silly haha!!! Would love your views guy's

Have a nice One
Betina x

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now