Missing Pictures.

AubreyS 15:29 07 Sep 03

I have a red X in place of some pictures using Windows XP Pro with Internet Explorer 6.0. I have tried several things to fix the problem but nothing has worked yet. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks. A.

anchor 15:55 07 Sep 03

Try putting a tick in "show pictures", in Internet Options, Advanced, then scroll down to multimedia to find this box.

AubreyS 16:48 07 Sep 03

Hi anchor. Yes was the first thing that I did.

AubreyS 21:40 07 Sep 03

Megatyte 21:52 07 Sep 03

Try Add/Remove Programs - Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 - Add/Remove. If it's there you will have a repair option.

Peverelli 21:58 07 Sep 03

If you're getting some pictures but not others, then the fault could be at the website's end.

Sealer 22:00 07 Sep 03

When this happens to me, I right click and click "show picture". This usualy opes all pictures on your page.

AubreyS 22:01 07 Sep 03

AH. I don't have IE in add and remove.

Megatyte 22:37 07 Sep 03

From the Start menu, choose Run.

Click Start - Run. Type rundll32 setupwbv.dll,IE6Maintenance "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Setup\SETUP.EXE" /g "C:\WINDOWS\IE Uninstall Log.Txt"

Note: The command is case sensitive.

Click the OK button.

Click the Repair Internet Explorer option.

Click the Yes button to complete the repair.

Restart the computer when you are prompted and allow the computer to configure Internet Explorer.

Irishman 22:59 07 Sep 03

If that does not work try downloading Virtual Machine (VM) from Java.Sun click here

Note that the install now runs from the site.

Microsoft no longer supports VM.

AubreyS 08:31 08 Sep 03

Good morning Megatyte. I tried as you suggested and it wouldn't run. So I looked for Setup\SETUP.EXE and it isn't in IE.

Irishman. I installed VM and this has made no difference. This problem is not confined to just one site. I thought that IE should appear in add and remove and when you click on it, you get the option to repair but I don't have IE in add and remove. A.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…