Missing Photogallery.msi after uninstalling AOL

splinternet 08:29 20 Feb 05

I un-installed AOL and now my laptop (Win XP Pro) tries to configure PhotoGallery every time I boot up, and is looking for 'photogallery.msi'. What has happened, and where can I find this file? (What is photogallery, just out of curiosity?)

CHAIRLEG 15:13 20 Feb 05

Don't know if this helps but in my add/remove there is AOL You've got pictures if you have this would removing it help.When on AOL you can use their own Picture Gallery.

SJA 10:11 26 Feb 05

Do you have an HP scanner/all-in-one? I got the same probelm after using a "Registry Optimozer" !!

Cured it by using the HP install CD, which has a photogallery option, to install the missing files.

splinternet 11:51 26 Feb 05

Chairleg & SJA, thanks for your replies. I installed AOL about eight months ago only as a temporary alternative to BT Broadband, but having not used it since, decided to clean up and un-install it. I believe AOL You've Got Pictures also got uninstalled too (I never knowingly used it anyway).

I don't have an HP Scanner / All-In-One, but I do have a Deskjet 970 and Photosmart 375 connected. These have been connected for some time before I uninstalled AOL. I did a search on the web for 'PhotoGallery.msi' and found this site: click here and this thread (postings #11 and #12) mention HP Photo Printer and PhotoGallery.msi - coincidence. Should I try re-installing the Photosmart?

SJA 12:15 26 Feb 05

Splinternet. Have a look at the Photosmart install disc. If there is a Photogallery subdirectory then use that when the install routine kicks-in when you next start-up. That's what I did & it worked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…