Missing phone icon

ruskle 15:17 27 May 03

For some unknown (to me) reason the icon with the two little monitor screens has gone astray. It used to be on the task bar when I was on line and I could right click to disconnect. Anyone tell me where it is and how to get it back... I run XP Home with Toshiba laptop.

-pops- 15:22 27 May 03

Open Control Panel, Network Connections. right click on the active connection and click Properties. Check the box at the bottom. "Show icon etc."

ruskle 11:17 28 May 03

Sorry -pops- but I did that first of all and still cant get the icon. I read an article in pC Advisor a few months ago regarding my problem and it directed me to a previous copy but I can't find it.... Any more suggestions?

-pops- 11:38 28 May 03

Not from me, I'm afraid! I thought that would do it.

danbutcher 11:48 28 May 03

MicroSoft did this in an attempt to be helpful...as usual, it causes more problems than it's worth!
Heres how you get it back
Right Click Taskbar, then properties.
Click the CUSTOMISE button nest to "Hide inactive Icons"
Scroll through the list to find your internet connection (Usually called the same as your Dial-Up connection)
Click the Drop-down next to it, and select ALWAYS SHOW from the list.
Apply, OK
and try dialing up.

Zat help?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…