missing password for access to internet

notrom 11:58 24 Mar 06

My sister has a windows 98 system. The hard disk was replaced with a second hand one (ex office?) and she has just tried for the first time to use the internet. She can log on and send emails but can't actually do any internet searches because Content Advisor pops up and prompts her to enter a password.

Unfortunately she doesn't know the password...
I realise this is probably a dumn question, but is there any way of bypassing this or retrieving the password?

ACOLYTE 12:07 24 Mar 06

click here should to it.

CLONNEN 12:08 24 Mar 06

How to Remove Content Advisor Password in Internet Explorer

The following steps will remove any password set in the Internet Explorer Content Advisor and allow you to reset the program to its original state.
1) Click on Start and choose Run.

2) Type in RegEdit and select OK.

3) Now click on the little plus sign to the left of H_KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

4) Continue to drill down, always clicking on the plus sign at the left of the named key, through Software, Microsoft, Windows, Current Version and Policies.

5) Now click on the Ratings folder.

6) In the right pane of the RegEdit window, you'll see an icon called Key. Click on it and press Delete.

7) Next, choose Registry and then Exit to exit RegEdit. You've just deleted your original Content Advisor password.

8) Restart the computer and run Internet Explorer again.

9) Choose View and then Internet Options (or Options for version 3.x). For IE 5 or greater, Click on Tools, Internet Options.

10) Click on the Content tab and click on Disable. When asked for a password, don't enter anything; just click on OK. This will disable Content Advisor because there's no longer a password.

notrom 13:35 24 Mar 06

Thanks for your responses - delay replying because of having to email my sister!

She says she's not got at ratings folder (she's got IE 5). Any suggestions????

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…