Missing Music Files.. Vista

Jimpad 02:16 14 Feb 10

I have a HP Pavilion dv5 running Vista..l copied alot of Music files onto this Laptop from my old Laptop using a external harddrive case, and then l copied about 20 CDs onto it..first thing wrong l noticed was that alot of Music files started having maybe four or five enteres for one file and then l noticed that lots of my music files have just gone missing, l can not find them and it seems to be my fav stuff, the files that l would syn onto my MP3 player.

Hope someone knows what is going on as l have been traveling and all my CDs are back home and this is pi**ing me right off.

Thanks for reading this with all it s[elling mistakes.

Shaun

Kevscar1 11:06 14 Feb 10

Got to search files folders then enter *.???
Put the format where I have put??? ie *.mp3
This will then search your computer and list everything in that format for you.

ame 21:58 14 Feb 10

If you cannot find them by searching, there are lost/deleted file recovery programs such as Recuva click here that might help, but you need another hdd/usb drive to save to in case you overwrite the "lost" data on your main drive as it saves the output.

Jimpad 01:07 16 Feb 10

Thanks Kevscar and ame for your replys..l will try out your suggestions

ame 02:21 16 Feb 10

Good luck - hope it is sunny & warm where you are. If you have to recover "lost" files, you need to be very selective - e.g. only mp3 files - otherwise you will get loads and loads (and loads)of files recovered that you may not recognise by name and that fill up the drive you specify to save to.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5