Missing msvrc70.dll

Angry Kid 20:37 26 Aug 10

Evening,

My father has just bought a new Dell 1750 Black laptop and when he boots up is is greeted by a message saying that the above dll file is missing.

Everything appears to work ok except Quicken 2004. He is running Windows 7 Home Premium.

Is anyone able to offer any thoughts on this problem.

Thanks as always.

Angry ;-)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:55 26 Aug 10

Run the sfc /scannow System File Checker command to replace a missing or corrupt copy of the msvcr70.dll file. If this DLL file is provided my Microsoft, the System File Checker tool should restore it.

1.Open Command Prompt.

Important: You must run Command Prompt as an administrator in Windows 7 and Windows Vista to use System File Checker.

2.Once Command Prompt is open, type the following command and then press Enter.

sfc /scannow

3.System File Checker will now verify the integrity of every protected operating system file on your computer.

4.Restart your computer if sfc /scannow did actually repair any files.

Note: System File Checker may or may not prompt you to restart but even if it doesn't, you should restart anyway.

5.Repeat whatever process caused your original problem to see if sfc /scannow corrected the issue.

MAJ 21:11 26 Aug 10

msvcr70.dll as opposed to the filename msvrc70.dll that you posted, Angry Kid? If you do then Fruit Bat /\0/\'s suggestion should fix it for you.

beynac 22:03 26 Aug 10

I don't think that file is installed as part of Windows 7. It is probably needed for Quicken 2004.

You can download it from click here

Angry Kid 22:10 26 Aug 10

MAJ.... You are correct. I realised this error after posting.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ thanks for your suggestion. I will pass this on

Beynac... Thanks

Angry ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…