Missing MSOE.DLL file

lightfeet 08:14 24 Mar 04

Windows 98 & OE. My neighbour has purchased a digital camera & decided to upgrade his Nero Express program. He uninstalled Nero Express & in its place installed Nero V5.5 oem from a disc. He now cannot access Outlook Express & receives the following message – OE could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be loaded. Also when logging on he is warned that OLEAUT32.DLL was not found.
Can anyone help please.

Hypnos 09:17 24 Mar 04

he can get both dll files from here then put them in the system folder..

click here

Wak 09:21 24 Mar 04

Hi, MSOE.dll should be in C:\ Program files/ Outlook Express and OLEAUT32.dll is in C:\ Windows/ System.
I would suggest that you first go to Start/ Run and type SFC in the box then tick OK. This will check your System files. You will probably need your Win 98 System disc to replace them.
I would also suggest that you go to Start/ Programs/ Accessories/ System tools/ System information/ Tools tab and run the Internet Explorer Repair tool which will also repair OE.
See how you go with the above and let us know.
Incidentally, you can possibly upgrade Nero from the Nero web site without un installing the original version.

lightfeet 07:16 30 Mar 04

We tried the IE Repair Tool but couldn’t get it to run, the Win 98 System disc could not be read & Run SFC didn’t work. Doing a search for OLEAUT32.DLL indicated this file was missing. We therefore downloaded OLEAUT32.DLL file from the site suggested by Hypnos & copied it to Windows\System as Wak’s suggestion. This thankfully restored OE.
Many thanks to both of you for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…