Missing MS Word

donmar 21:54 05 Apr 03

I tried installing Office 2000 Pro.All installed except Word and I have now lost word from the computer completely.The installation discs will install everything except word which it says"this patch cannot be opened" This message appears whether I try to uninstall or install.I have reinstalled Win me,deleted and RI Works 2000 etc but again it will install everything except word.I cannot get 'my documents' etc or use a back up floppy with the docs on it.Can anyone please help me?Don

AndySD 22:12 05 Apr 03

How to Completely Remove Works Suite 2000
click here

donmar 22:25 05 Apr 03

TRied thst Any but I get the same message'this patch cannot be opened'Don

AndySD 22:46 05 Apr 03
  donmar 23:01 05 Apr 03

Thanks Andy.I will try all that tomorrow and let you know how I get on.Don

Peter E 23:06 05 Apr 03

I assume you are installing Office over Works. AndySD's link may help or, if not, perhaps this one may...

click here;en-us;302877

It deals with a corrupt registry when installing Office after removing Works. If the link doesn't work, it's knowledgebase article 302877.

VoG™ 09:52 06 Apr 03

If the above don't work, this sounds like a problem that I had click here

donmar 10:20 06 Apr 03

Many thanks to Andy SD and PeterE for sending me to the MS Knowledge Base Articles 302877 and 293760 which enabled me to sort it all out.I had to repair the MS Installer and MS Uninstaller and now Word is OK again.I really am grateful because I was getting desperate.Thanks also to VoG who also pointed me in the right direction.
So that I might be able to help others,can anyone tell me how to insert those 'click here'hyperlinks into messages?
Thanks again to everyone.Don.

Andsome 11:02 06 Apr 03

Right click on the address at the top and select COPY. Left click to create a curser where you want to put the link. Go to EDIT/PASTE and the link will appear. It will not be an active link until you send it to someone. Try it out and send it to yourself, you will find that the link is active when you open the mail in your message box.

If you want to create a link on this website do it the same way, then when you post the link will appear as click here.

Peter E 16:25 06 Apr 03

Yes, for a "click here" just type or copy and paste the web page address into your posting. When you post the response it will appear as a blue "click here" (Unless it's a link to a knowledgebase article which don't work unless you do something to them - VoG told me how to do it a while back but I've forgotten which is why my link didn't work properly).

I'm sure someone will respond with how to get "click here" for a knowledgebase article.

Glad you've sorted your problem with Word.

Regards

VoG™ 16:27 06 Apr 03

Click here for KB articles:

http:// support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

I've put a space after // to stop this turning into a click here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…