Missing Menu Bar

Barriz 16:46 10 Jun 08

Got my wife’s computer upgraded from Windows 98se to XP. Internet Explorer does not show the Menu Bar containing File, Edit, View, Favourites, Tools and Help. Have clicked on the Tool Button at right-hand side of the screen, the dropdown menu shows that Status and Menu are check marked. Have right clicked on the bar containing the Tools Button, the dropdown menu shows that Status and Menu are check marked. Have also tried hovering mouse arrow over Address Bar but no drag lines show up. Using version 7 of IE.

rossgolf 16:49 10 Jun 08

tools on the right handside. and then show menu bar

birdface 16:53 10 Jun 08

Right click empty part of toolbar tick menu bar.

birdface 16:58 10 Jun 08

Oops tried that.right click toolbar.Untick lock the toolbars.Drag lines should now show.

Barriz 21:29 10 Jun 08

Tried clicking on the tools button. Dropdown menue shows that the Menu Bar is checkmarked.
thanks.

Barriz 21:58 10 Jun 08

I right clicked on the toolbar, the dropdown menu shows that the toolbars are unlocked - no checkmark next to 'Lock the Toolbars'. The settings on my computer are the same as on my wife's computer but, on her computer the Menu Bar dosn't show.

chub_tor 22:13 10 Jun 08

How about this click here

Barriz 23:00 10 Jun 08

Thanks for the link. However, it's a bit too deep for me. Will take the info along to the shop which did the upgrade, they should be able to cope with it - I hope!

Sea Urchin 23:11 10 Jun 08

You say in buteman's link that there is no check against "Lock the Toolbars" but is there a check against Menu Bar? If not click it, and then click "Lock the Toolbars"

birdface 08:40 11 Jun 08

There is a toolbar repair on this but I have never tried it.click here Now you could try Control Panel.Internet options.Advanced.And press reset.That should repair IE7 worth a try.Or press the Alt button and see if that brings up the toolbar.

Barriz 22:03 11 Jun 08

Yes, there is a check against the Menu Bar.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac