Missing Marscore.Dll File

J. I. 17:45 04 Jul 03

When I Go To Start.-Programes.-Help and Support the following Message appears on Desktop.--Help and Support Error x. Marscore.Dll not found. I am unable to access Help and Support. A friend E/Mailed me the missing file. Using the Cut and Paste method I pasted it into c:\windows\system 32 as instructed. A check confirms the missing file has been transfered successfully. Unfortunately I still receive the same message each time I click on Help and Support. It will be greatly appreciated if any out there in the Blue Yonder can tell me what I need to do to get the Programe back. My computer is XP Home edition.
Desperate-John

spikeychris 18:00 04 Jul 03

Line 201 in click here copying and pasting into system is not the way to do it.

Chris

Sparks 18:08 04 Jul 03

Also thisclick here from an old thread may help

Jamie.com 18:09 04 Jul 03

Keep this: The Free-Dynamic Link Library

click here

spikeychris 18:13 04 Jul 03

Just to find out. Have you upgraded lately? as this isn't an XP file.

spikeychris 18:15 04 Jul 03

Didn't read the above when I posted. It would appear that the .DLL is a WinME file and would sit in C:\WINDOWS\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\Binaries

Sparks 18:31 04 Jul 03

Try typing the file name in Google, it turns up some results.

J. I. 14:12 08 Jul 03

Thanks to the info received from Chris it was possible to determine the cause. Doing the Windows File Protection check via Start & Run. It become evident there was a interaction between my old WINME & upgraded WINXP. The answer will be to remove all traces of WINME & reinstall XP as a stand alone System. Once again my thanks to Chris
Not desperate anymore. John.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…