Missing Maile Merge in Word 2000

Batch 16:38 21 Nov 06

I don't seem to be able to find Mail Merge in Word 2000 (loaded as part of Office 2K Premium).

Mail Merge is supposed to be an Option in the Tools menu, but it ain't there (before you ask, I don't have personalised menus turned on). I've checked that all the components of Word have been loaded from the CD.

Any suggestions?

Jackcoms 16:45 21 Nov 06

In Word - Tools; Letters and Mailings; Mail Merge Wizard

Batch 16:52 21 Nov 06

I think Tools; Letters and Mailings.... only came in with Word 2002 / 3.

Jackcoms 16:54 21 Nov 06

Yep, you may be right - I'm using Word 2002.

It was worth a try though.

Have you tried 'Help' in Word and searched for mail merge?

Batch 16:58 21 Nov 06

Yep! Mail Merge is supposed to be an option on the Tools menu (and I have used it before, probably on an old PC that I had the same Office 2K installed on, so I can't understand why it isn't there now).

I've tried assigning a keyboard shortcut to the Mail Merge Helper command (via Tools, Customize), but this does work.

merc. 17:22 21 Nov 06

I have word 2000 from office 2000 and mail merge is there, use it fairly often.

Merc

Pineman100 17:55 21 Nov 06

Try this.

Go into Start>Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs. Find Office 2000 in the list and click on it. Click the button marked Change.

There are now two buttons that might help you. One is called Repair Office and the other is called Add or Remove Features. In the latter, you can click on the plus sign beside Word and try working your way through the various lists.

If that doesn't work, maybe Repair will.

I'll be interested to know how you get on.

Batch 18:02 21 Nov 06

Pineman - I effectively did this by running setup from the source CD (see my original posting).

But have solved by another means, as follows:

Go to Tools, Customize.
In the Customize dialogue box that comes up, select the Commands tab.
Under Categories, select All Commands.
Then under Commands, scroll down until MailMergeHelper is visible.
Then, whilst the Customize dialogue box is still open, open (drop down) the Tools menu again.
Then back to the still open Customize dialogue box and click and drag MailMergeHelper onto the Tools menu.
Lastly, close the Customize dialogue box and hay presto!

Simple when you know how.

Pineman100 18:29 21 Nov 06

Thanks for letting me know. Glad you solved the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…