The missing link............

Kev 19:10 28 Jun 03

Hi,

I'm running Win XP Pro.

When I open a folder containing picture/image files the images are shown as thumbnails along the bottom of the folder.

When I double click on any one of the thumbnails, it then opens the image in a separate larger viewing window. Amongst the icons along the bottom of the image there is one that when clicked used to open the image up in Microsoft Photo Editor which was very useful (for cropping, editing etc).

Recently, this function has stopped working. When the "edit" icon is clicked it closes the "viewing" window and goes back to the original folder with the thumbnails along the bottom.

Anyone any ideas how to get this function back.

I've tried repairing and re-installing Office (Photo Editor).

Thanks,

Kev.

watchful 21:37 28 Jun 03

When you're in 'My Pictures' have you tried going to Tools and then folder options?

There are lots of different options to set up if your settings have been changed for some reason.

Steven135 21:52 28 Jun 03

If all is well you click or double click on the thumbnail, it will open the image up in the picture fax viewer then just press Ctrl and E together to open in the photo editor.

Right click on the image and choose edit to open in the paint programme.

jazzypop 21:55 28 Jun 03

click here and click here - either method should work (use the last posting in the first link, or the second-to-last in the second link).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…