missing licwmi.dll from d:\i386 location when

Giggle n' Bits 02:15 08 Dec 03

installing XP Home OEM with SP1 on clean HDD.

After getting past the set up of Regional settings, Time zone & keyboard then getting to the main install of XP home oem it stops and request this file. It say please put you XP CD in Drive to install etc.

Done this and the file isn't there, or it won't take it. The HDD is Maxtor and been tested with there utility tool and it did on one format atempt report that formatting cana take place the disk may be damaged or corrupt.

Searching web I can retrieve this file but others missing follow, could this be a fault with the Motherboard chipset controller ?

Nothing on the web or at the Microsoft K/b site give any clues as to what it may be.

pc moron 02:30 08 Dec 03

The missing file is to do with Windows Product Activation.

Have you changed the hardware in the PC?

Are you installing the OEM version onto the same PC it was originally installed on?

Giggle n' Bits 10:06 08 Dec 03

I have carried out FDISK delted partition and created new, Formatted HDD and tried 2 HDD's on another HDD different brand it will not format at all and I know this HDD is fine.

I ma buying a new HDD later today and will try installing on this.

Its a MSI 6378 M/b with built in VGA and Audio, the chipset is a VIA KT133a what I remember they are inferior chipset.

I am thinkin its a faulty motherboard. But before I strip the machine and replace I prefer a second opinion.

Thanks pc moran, lol with the name.

Giggle n' Bits 22:48 08 Dec 03

far installing the XP. on Formatting I have got the messege like damaged partition and missing maron.dll in the middle of a format.

There is no virus infection (Checked)
The HDD is sound and works on another machine.

Does anyone think this coudl be a motherboard error ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…