Missing Jumplist on WMP 12 (Win 7)

ened 15:23 PM 22 Sep 11

A few days ago the Jumplist disappeared from right-clicking both the Task Bar Icon and the Start Menu.

It is there for all other programmes like Chrome, IE, Word, Powerpoint etc but suddenly disappeared from Media Player.

I have tried ticking and unticking the box in Options. I have tried rebooting and, since it happened suddenly, tried System Restore.

All to no avail : all I get when I right-click the Icon is a couple of Tasks, Open and unpin.

Any suggestions please?

rdave13 17:16 PM 22 Sep 11

I've found this to reset and clear all items in the Jump lists.

reset and clear jump lists.

I haven't used it myself so it will be up to you if you decide to have a go. Remember it will reset all your jump lists and clear them. I think you'll need to run CMD as administrator.

ened 17:20 PM 22 Sep 11

Thanks for that suggestion rdave13.

I had considered that but, as you say, it will clear all jumplists and this one is actually missing so I am not sure it will help.

If I don't get any other suggestions I was saving it as a last resort.

rdave13 19:00 PM 22 Sep 11

Have you checked in WMP under the organize tab- options- privacy tab and under history that the boxes are ticked for Music, Videos etc

ened 06:32 AM 23 Sep 11

They were ticked but I have just un-ticked them, and ticked them again. I cleared the History, then played another file but still there is no sign of the Jumplist.

Before I started this thread I checked on Google and other people have had this problem. All the places where the question has been asked have No Replies.

Surely there must be a resolution?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Steve Albini's notorious email is now a punchy music video

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…