Missing Jumplist on WMP 12 (Win 7)

ened 22 Sep 11

A few days ago the Jumplist disappeared from right-clicking both the Task Bar Icon and the Start Menu.

It is there for all other programmes like Chrome, IE, Word, Powerpoint etc but suddenly disappeared from Media Player.

I have tried ticking and unticking the box in Options. I have tried rebooting and, since it happened suddenly, tried System Restore.

All to no avail : all I get when I right-click the Icon is a couple of Tasks, Open and unpin.

Any suggestions please?

rdave13 22 Sep 11

I've found this to reset and clear all items in the Jump lists.

reset and clear jump lists.

I haven't used it myself so it will be up to you if you decide to have a go. Remember it will reset all your jump lists and clear them. I think you'll need to run CMD as administrator.

ened 22 Sep 11

Thanks for that suggestion rdave13.

I had considered that but, as you say, it will clear all jumplists and this one is actually missing so I am not sure it will help.

If I don't get any other suggestions I was saving it as a last resort.

rdave13 22 Sep 11

Have you checked in WMP under the organize tab- options- privacy tab and under history that the boxes are ticked for Music, Videos etc

ened 23 Sep 11

They were ticked but I have just un-ticked them, and ticked them again. I cleared the History, then played another file but still there is no sign of the Jumplist.

Before I started this thread I checked on Google and other people have had this problem. All the places where the question has been asked have No Replies.

Surely there must be a resolution?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message