missing ide

Sealer 19:21 18 Jan 04

I have just fitted a new motherboard. When it boots up it dosnt find a mouse/cd drives or usb. have triple checked cables. On post check my 2 cd drives are found, but then lost when windows is fully loaded.
Win 98 se,512 ddr, gigabyte K7 triton(kt600) Any help please

Sealer 19:24 18 Jan 04

I cant install board software/drivers because It cant find cd drives :-(

Big Elf 19:28 18 Jan 04

Have a look at this thread, particularly the Forum Editors suggestion click here

Rennaissance 19:34 18 Jan 04

when the drives are recognised in BIOS, are any letters scrambled or something? Because once something similiar happened and it turned out that my jumpers were set incorrectly. Check the jumpers on the back of your drives and see that one is master and one is slave.

Sealer 19:42 18 Jan 04

Jumpers on drives are set. This morning they were working fine, Pre new board. No letters are scrambled.

Sealer 19:43 18 Jan 04

Followed your link, Checked my registry but its not that. any more ideas?

wawadave 19:49 18 Jan 04

hello
reboot to safe mode.since its windows 98 theres two ways to solve this. you can goto the registry and delete the enum key makeing windows find all the hard ware and install drivers.on rebooting.

the othere way is safe mode and goto device manager and remove every thing and reboot.
your problem is new mobo old o/s its trying to load with all drivers for old board.

Sealer 19:56 18 Jan 04

Where do i find "enum" and if i delete this do you think it will find my cd drives? Also What if I remove all devices how will i load them again without a cd?

Sealer 21:12 18 Jan 04

trying to reinstall windows but having probs with that now not completing. but at least it knows i have cd drives!

Sealer 22:09 18 Jan 04

I think I am done. Had to reinstall windows 5 time before it was sorted! If not sorted i will be back... Thanks all ;o}

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…