Missing Icons from Desktop

jessej 09:27 12 Apr 04

A few days ago, after finding 18 viruses, I reformatted my daughter's computer. In addition to the bugs, it was painfully slow and she had quite a lot of rubbish clogging up the works so I decided it would probably be quicker to wipe everything off and start again. A massive improvement achieved, except for one small problem which occured last night. Everything was fine when I left it, and when she turned it off. When she later started up again all the icons had disappeared from the desktop. How do I get them back again? I'm sure I've seen this problem, and the answer, somewhere but can't think where, and, of course, can't remember what the answer was. The OS is Win. ME if that helps and it is an Evesham PC that is beginning to show its age and is badly in need of upgrading, or replacing.

Graham ® 09:37 12 Apr 04

Righy click the desktop, click 'Active Desktop', click 'Show Desktop Icons'.

Graham ® 09:38 12 Apr 04

Righy? :-)

jessej 09:49 12 Apr 04

Many thanks Graham, I knew I could rely on somebody watching to provide a quick answer.
As soon as I can I will do that and get back to the forum if it doesn't work. Unfortunately, or maybe not, she doesn't live with me so it may take a while to check out.
Thanks again.

jessej 12:26 12 Apr 04

Hi graham, job done and all is well again. Thanks again for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…