Missing Hard Drive

bancholtaff 11:42 23 Feb 05

Since reinstalling WinXP+SP2 my slave HDD has gone missing in My Computer & Explorer. It shows in BIOS, Disk Manager & Partition Magic8.I've tried uninstalling & reinstalling the driver & the cable to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

Chezdez 12:00 23 Feb 05

have you tried uninstalling SP2?

FelixTCat 12:37 23 Feb 05

Is it formatted?

Does Disk Manager show a clash of drive letters?

bancholtaff 17:05 23 Feb 05

Hi Chezdez,
Thanks for your help, tried reinstalling the HDD with SP uninstalled but it didn,t work. Thanks again.

Diodorus Siculus 17:08 23 Feb 05

Right click my computer

choose manage

disk management

see if it is listed there.

bancholtaff 17:10 23 Feb 05

Hi Felix T Cat,
THe drive is shown as Healthy in Disc Manager but ther's no drive letter. I've not formatted the drive since the reinstallation, should I?
Thanks for your help,

bancholtaff 17:11 23 Feb 05

Hi Diodrus, answer is yes.

bancholtaff 17:12 23 Feb 05

Hi Diodrus, answer is yes.

Diodorus Siculus 17:14 23 Feb 05

Is there any data on it that you want?

Right click on it within disk manager and see what options you get. You may be able to format it if there is nothing on it you want.

FelixTCat 17:21 23 Feb 05

If it has never been formatted, or formatted with a file system other that fat, fat32 or ntfs, it will not show up in My Computer, nor will you be able to use it.

If you want to partition it, do that before formatting; otherwise, right-click on it in Disk Manager and format it. It will then show up in My Computer and you will be able to use it.

TBH1 21:36 23 Feb 05

I had this problem last year when using w98se - - it was a GoBack issue - -until GoBack was re-installed too, the slave drive was AWOL. Don't suppose you had this running - - -

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…