Missing Font

profi 22:05 28 Sep 04

Following advice in the magazine, I cleaned up unnecessary programs, fonts, and other detritus. However, I now find I cannot open some letterhead templates as intended, because a font called Trajan Bold is missing. This is a PS Font, and I have tried to copy it over from my previous computer. Although it shows in the folder PSFonts, it appears in the Fonts folder with a shortcut arrow on it - and, what's worse, I can't select it at all in Word 'cos it's not listed! Any idea how to restore it?

profi 13:11 29 Sep 04

Getting weirder - if I double click on Trajan Bold in PS Fonts, or Fonts where I have now copied it, it shows me examples of the font. Whilst still open I can locate it in Word, OE, etc and use it. However it ain't 'sticky' since when I close those windows, the data in Word, OE etc reverts to something else!!

Sethhaniel 13:52 29 Sep 04

it can't just be copied - maybe right click and see options ;)

SANTOS7 13:57 29 Sep 04

click here this may help,good luck

profi 16:08 29 Sep 04

Sethhaniel

I tried right-clicking, but no install option.

profi 16:09 29 Sep 04

Snatos7 - the KB article number does not exist (or is not available). Would you mind re-checking the number? Thanx.

SANTOS7 17:22 29 Sep 04

click here sorry profi(me idiot) typed 234794 the link now works i hope it helps,good luck

profi 17:39 29 Sep 04

Thanks Santos7 - and my aps for misspelling!

Have managed to make Trajan 'stick' at the moment by deleting it from Fonts, and then using Control Panel, Fonts, File, Instal new font, and installing Trajan from PSFonts. Will now see if it remains after a reboot ... if not, I will follow the drastic steps in the KB article.

profi 23:38 29 Sep 04

Thanks both for your help.

SANTOS7 23:39 29 Sep 04

Glad to help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…