Missing folder!

Rick_X 00:51 23 Apr 05

In my 'Documents and Settings' folder my 'All Users' folder has disappeared. It is still there as a quick search demonstrates but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get the folder back. I'm running XP Pro SP2, anybody have any ideas, it's driving me crazy! Cheers

curlylad 01:21 23 Apr 05

If I understand you correctly then when you do a quick search for All Users it appears in the right hand pane , open another window with the Documents and Settings folder in it , click the Documents and Settings folder to open it , then drag and drop the All Users folder into the Documents and Settings window !

Rick_X 11:00 23 Apr 05

Thanks curlylad but sadly it doesn't appear to be that simple. When I search I can see sub-folders contained within it eg C:\Doc~Sett\All Users\Start Menu but when I search for the 'All Users' folder itself it can't be found. It's really strange

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:22 23 Apr 05

My computer - tools -folder options -view tab- tick show hidden files and folders.

Rick_X 11:23 23 Apr 05

I found an option in 'Folder options>View' I had never seen before 'Hide protected operating system files', unclicked this and voila!
Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…