Missing Files on Bootup (WIN98SE)

gmm 00:05 02 Dec 04

I recently rebuilt my system (New MOBO HDD & Graphics) system working quite well but get message vnetsup.vxd and vredir.vxd not available.
system suggests reinstall but I dont know the source of these files to reinstall.
I also get the message that MSNP32.dll not loaded after bootup any suggestions appreciated.
GMM

JaßîsFaß ˜ 00:41 02 Dec 04

click here - there is similar reference on this discussion page on lines of:

'This problem usually involves problems with Dial-Up Networking. Microsoft recommends the following to resolve this problem: Remove and then reinstall Dial-Up Networking. Follow these steps: Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel. In Control Panel, double-click Add/Remove Programs. Click the Windows Setup tab, and then click Communications. Click Details, and then click to clear the Dial-Up Networking check box. NOTE: If you receive the Ndiswan.vxd error message, click to clear the Virtual Private Networking check box only. Click Close, click OK, then click Apply. When you are prompted to restart Windows, do so. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel. In Control Panel, double-click Add/Remove Programs. Click the Windows Setup tab, and then click Communications. Click Details, and then click to select the Dial-Up Networking check box.'

wx622 09:05 02 Dec 04

There is an easier way if you have a Win98 CD. Open the CD up in explorer, and go to the Win98 folder. Now locate the .cab file with vnetsup.vxd and vredir.vxd in it. (Shouldn't take too long) Now extract these files to \Windows\system folder, and all should be fine. You may also need to locate MSNP32.dll this way also. Now reboot.

gmm 00:22 06 Dec 04

Sorry for delay in getting back to you. Just got chance to try out suggestions, ws622's solution worked fine. Many thanks for your help. GMM

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…