Missing files after installing Broadband

Sapins 10:04 08 Nov 03

Hi all,

I have attempted to install a USB modem to udgrade to broadband and discovered the phone line is not yet ready for ADSL.(later today they say!) This is on Wanadoo in France.

After the install I could not "Wake" the computer and so had to re-boot.I then got the following messages.1. Missing device files. a.vnetsup.vxd b. vredir.vxd c. dfs.vxd d. ndiswan.vxd

2. Unable to load dynamic link library mnsp32.dll.
The system cannot find the files specified. Some or all of the following feature is not available. Microsoft Network.

Can anyone tell me what these files are and do I need to worry about them not being found when I re-install the modem.

I have used Goback to revert to a time before the install and while I am waiting for the line to be activated I wondered if there is something I need to do before I install the new modem, the instructions say everything will be done automatically.

Sapins 10:51 08 Nov 03

Falkyrn 11:15 08 Nov 03

These are networking files ... you don't say which operating system you have but the following links contain information for W95 98 and ME

click here

click here

Sapins 12:07 08 Nov 03

Falkyrn- thanks for your input, I don't need networking files so I'll just forget about them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…