Missing files?

wotan 15:15 20 Feb 05

I have just run a system check program and been informed that the following files are missing or cannot be accessed,
C\Windows\System32\MAPISRVR.exe
and
Files\InstallShield\Professional\RunTime\0701\Intel32\DotNetInstall.exe

I have no idea which programs they are missing from and non of my programs appear to be malfunctioning. They both appear to be executive commands ending in exe, but I am considering sticking to the adage "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" as long as my programs are working o.k.
Any advice gratefully received, I am using Windows XP Home as operating system.

pk470 15:24 20 Feb 05

Have you uninstalled any Norton software?? as this looks like something has not been uninstalled
correctly

wotan 15:30 20 Feb 05

Thanks for the response, no I have not un-installed any programs or files, but I have recently installed Norton Internet Security which I run together with Norton Systemworks.Both of which I keep updated through the Norton Web site

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:22 20 Feb 05

RE: mapisrvr.exe

its an issue with windoctor not with windows.
you can direct windoctor to ignore the problem!
len

wotan 12:53 03 Apr 05

Sorry for the delay in replying, but a big thank you to all who responded to my request for help, especially Fruit Bat who was spot on. The problem was with Win Doctor and has now been resolved. Thanks to all for your time and advice.
Wotan.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…