missing files

picklsey 14:55 12 Nov 04

had to reinstall xp home sp2 on pc,the problem i,m getting is this.when i try to install the follwing nothing happens,other than a message telling me the programe failed to initilize and will now shut down.

installshieldprofessional\runtime\09\00\intel32\dotnetinsaller.exe"cannot access the necessary file,"mscoree.dll,"

the above message is what i get when i run nortons one button scan it tells me i have two missing programs the other message is similar.could anyone please help on this one.

uisge dorch 15:12 12 Nov 04

Available for download from here - click here

picklsey 15:25 12 Nov 04

uisge dorch.thanks for the link i have downloaded it but it says i have to install it in the windows system directory could you please tell me how to go about this.thanks.

uisge dorch 15:37 12 Nov 04

Highlight The file in WinZip and choose "extract" - click on selected files then, in the main window, click on C: to expand it then Windows, finaly click to expand system and choose extract - the file should, now, be in the system file. Make sure that you highlight the .dll and not the read me text.

picklsey 15:44 12 Nov 04

uisge dorch.thanks again hopfully all will be ok now,thanks again.

uisge dorch 15:50 12 Nov 04

If it doesn't work, try copying the file into the System32 folder - same technique as above only it's system32 instead of system.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…