Missing Files

Claudia 19:16 24 Apr 04

I downloaded "PC Doctor on Call" and ran it on my Windows 98 PC, it informed me that the following files were not found on my hard drive during the scan:
C:\Progra~1\Access~1Hypert~1hticons.dll
C:\Progra~1\Access~1Hypert~1\hypertrm.dll
My computer seems to be running OK apart from the odd hiccup, do I need these files? if so how can I get them? it also found other problems such as 11 invalid Shortcuts how do I deal with those? (I can't even find them all the ones on my desktop seem to go somwhere) any help would be appreciated guys
Claudia

rawprawn 19:45 24 Apr 04

click here You should be able to download both from here

rawprawn 19:48 24 Apr 04

PS. Idid a search & came up with this, I think they will be OK but, backup first before you install.(and the registry)

Claudia 19:02 26 Apr 04

Rawprawn
Many thanks for your help, I checked out those files you gave me, it says to be very careful to download the right version, how do I know that I have the right ones
Regards Claudia

rawprawn 20:39 26 Apr 04

If you download hiticons.dll and hypertrm.dll they should be OK, but as I said before to be absolutely sure make a restore point first and also backup your registry ( Start/run/ type regedit then make sure My Computer is highlighted then click file/ export choose where you want it to go make sure you remember call it Reg Backup or something similar click save ) you can pput the registry back if things go wrong by double clicking that file. Good luck. Dennis

stalion 20:41 26 Apr 04

What anti-virus software do you have.Regards

rawprawn 07:22 27 Apr 04

Something I should have thought of before, can you run a system file check, that should replace any missing files.

GANDALF <|:-)> 07:32 27 Apr 04

click here don't be put off by the name, it is an excellent piece of kit and only 253kbs. It will sort out all your invalid shortcuts and more. Download, run all three checks and you should be OK.

You could also download and run Regseeker just to tidy up your registry.click here

G

Claudia 19:43 27 Apr 04

Many thanks again guys for all your help
Gandalf- CCleaner scared me as is says it is designed for advanced users
Stalion-I am using AVG Virus anti virus (free version)
Rawprawn- I ran System File Checker then ran PC Doc again It is still saying those files are missing so I will download them and have a go at installing them watch this space! I could be back!
Regards Claudia

rawprawn 10:05 28 Apr 04

If your PC is working OK, do you really need to fix it. I don't want you to do anything you feel is scary. As GANDALF says Regseeker is a very good piece of kit and very safe, but it won't replace lost files it will only keep the registry clean & free from clutter. I wish you luck if you do download. REMEMBER BACKUP BACKUP

Claudia 19:08 29 Apr 04

Rawprawn
I am having second thoughts "if it aint broke don't fix it" sort of thoughts, I did download the files I think I will keep them in the download file and wait and see! once again may thanks for your help
Regards Claudia

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now