Missing file vnetbios.vxd

Nightmanager 10:09 29 May 04

I have formated a computer which did have three quarters of its 2Gb hard drive taken up with alsorts including virgin.net as the ISP.
I have loaded back on windows98 and office 97
put in the graphic drivers and modem drivers as soon as i loaded the lexmark printer drivers, an error message appeared and keeps appearing every time i start the pc, stating that a file which is necessary for windows to operate properly is missing. The file is vnetbios.vxd how do i overcome this problem and is this file something to do with Vigin.net? Thanks for any help you can give

VoG II 10:13 29 May 04
  Nightmanager 13:53 29 May 04

i have downloaded the file vnetbios.vxd but can not see it on the floppy disk what do i open this file with?

VoG II 13:58 29 May 04

According to the instructions you are supposed to copy the file to c:\1stdat\system and c:\windows\system then reboot to get rid of message.

I don't understand why you can't "see" it though. Why not try downloading it (twice) directly into the folders as above.

AndySD 13:59 29 May 04

Try this as well

Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.

In Control Panel, double-click Add/Remove Programs.

Click the Windows Setup tab, and then click Communications.

Click Details, and then click to clear the Dial-Up Networking check box.

Click Close, click OK, then click Apply.

When you are prompted to restart Windows, do so.

Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.

In Control Panel, double-click Add/Remove Programs.

Click the Windows Setup tab, and then click Communications.

Click Details, and then click to select the Dial-Up Networking check box.

Click Close, and then click OK.

If you are prompted to restart Windows, do so.

Gaz 25 14:10 29 May 04

The above MAY require Windows disc though!

climb45 11:11 22 Mar 05

Just for information, the reason you couldn't see the file on the floppy is probably because system files are hidden by default. To change this, go to Folder options (either under View or Tools), select the View tab then select Show all files.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…