missing file at start-up

BODS 12:20 04 Oct 05

Hi,
Can anyone please help at start up of pc, athlon xp1600, win982ed 512 mb mem, the screen shows an error message, missing or corrupt dll-iphlpapi file.Pc boots up as normal and only odd repeats of same.
Can anyone tell me what this file is for also how to repair or renew the same.
thanks bods

Yoda Knight 12:23 04 Oct 05

Fixing the iphlpapi error: click here

Gongoozler 12:26 04 Oct 05

Yoda Knight beat me to posting the repair solution, but this is a link to the description of what it is click here

MAJ 12:28 04 Oct 05

Go to Start > Run and type in SFC and click OK, you can then specify the file to restore (iphlpapi.dll) from your Windows CD. It should go in the C:\WINDOWS\system32 folder. If you don't have the Windows CD then you can download the file if you click here

MAJ 12:28 04 Oct 05

Too slow.

Gongoozler 12:29 04 Oct 05

It might be worth reading this page first though click here

Grantrh 12:32 04 Oct 05

I don't know whether this will work in Windows 98se as I have only tried it in XP, but type:

sfc /scannow

into the command prompt from start/programs/accessories/

You may need your windows 98se installation disk.

sarah866 13:17 04 Oct 05

please someone help me i have just bought a webcam it is called 120 spacecam and is made by trust the thind is i di not have a disc to install it what do i do please let me know as soon as possible

Yoda Knight 13:23 04 Oct 05

You would have had a quicker response posting this as a new topic.

Drivers can be found here: click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…