missing file for office

Movans 10:34 01 Apr 10

cannot find oart.dll file when trying to access office 2007. Only became a problem this morning.
Running on Windows XP

Sea Urchin 10:48 01 Apr 10

First thing to try - load your Office 2007 disk and run a repair installation

Movans 12:23 01 Apr 10

Sea Urchin

I have tried that it before it get's the chance to start an error comes up works saying 'Setup cannot find Office en-us\officeMUI.msi

Movans 12:26 01 Apr 10

Meant to say

I have tried that, even before it get's the chance to start an error comes up saying 'Setup cannot find Office en-us\officeMUI.msi

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:57 01 Apr 10

Control Panel/Add Remove, Click on Office select Change then tick the repair feature, run that.

northumbria61 13:01 01 Apr 10

Are you installing from an account with Administrator privileges ? Clean your temporary files using CCleaner and try installing again. Or temporarily disable UAC, reboot and try installing it.

northumbria61 13:11 01 Apr 10

You have a missing .dll file which needs to be fixed - if you have a Registry Scanning program try running that first - and take a look here.

click here

Movans 13:24 01 Apr 10

Thnkas for all the answers, I will keep them for future use. The answer was my external hard drive was not being responsive. I did not realise that the office programme was linked to it. I just re booted it.

Why did I not do that first??

Cheers everyone!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…