Missing File - MSVFW32.dll

Andybear 13:37 17 Jun 03

I recently downloaded a couple of screensavers which worked fine for a while but now whenever I try to set them as my screensaver I get the message:

The application has failed to start because MSVFW32.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this this problem.

I've re-downloaded and reinstalled them but it hasn't made any difference - I get the same message each time. I have done a search on my system but am unable to find this file. Please can someone help. Thanks.

Andybear 13:40 17 Jun 03

My O/S is Windows XP Home.

VoG® 13:48 17 Jun 03

It's a Windows system file. Start, Run, type

SFC /SCANNOW

and click OK. Have your Windows disk to hand.

Andybear 14:04 17 Jun 03

I've done this but it just ran through the process and then when it got to the end it closed itself down. It didn't say anything about a file missing or inserting a disk to replace it. The only disk I have is a Recovery CD, which came with the computer.

VoG® 15:22 17 Jun 03

E-mail me (click envelope by my name) and I'll send you a copy when I'm at home later.

Andybear 17:18 17 Jun 03

All sorted. Many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…