Missing File msvcr80.dll

micemews 15:10 27 May 07

I have recently installed Internet Explorer 7 (from 6. Since this was installed When running Norton One Button Checkup I get an error message that File msvcr80.dll is missing, but Norton cannot repair it.

As far as I know this does not seem to have caused a problem so far.

Does anyone know what sort of problems this missing File may cause and also doe anyone know how I can repair this File.

VoG II 15:12 27 May 07

Start, Run, type

sfc /scannow

and click OK. Insert your Windows CD if prompted.

click here

mocha 19:25 27 May 07

Symantecs explanation click here

micemews 09:32 29 May 07

Thanks Vog and mocha. I ran scannow but Norton still reported the same error. The Symantec 'explanation' doesn't explain anything. It doesn't say why the problem has occurred, or how to fix it, or what might happen if it is not fixed. Symantec merely states to mark the problem as 'ignored' so that it does not appear when using One Button Checkup again. I must say that I find this 'explanation' most unhelpful, but I have done what Symantec suggested and I just hope that there really isn't a problem at all, but rather that One Button Checkup is reporting an error that doesn't really exist. Only time will tell I suppose.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…