Missing file" mkb.data"

Gannondorf 17:27 07 Nov 03

Hi all,

Powered up my pc today and got this message "Missing file MKBDATA.DAT".

I don't think I did anything unusual when I last used the pc but obviously I did something wrong,it does not seem to have affected the use of the pc as yet but I would appreciate any help or advice you can give.

System is Pentium 4 2.4g running windows xp and mainly used for gaming.

Regards Gannondorf

JIM 18:41 07 Nov 03

DVD-Audio titles can use CPPM copy protection and the premastering tool must add two dummy files (DVDAUDIO.MKB and DVDAUDIO.BUP) which will, after glass mastering, contain,

the Media Key Block (MKB) data for that disc.

Gannondorf 20:04 07 Nov 03

Sorry but I don't understand your reply,could you be more specific.

JIM 20:45 07 Nov 03

I was hoping it may have given you some idea,or jogged your mem,to what you were last working on to cause the error message.

There was not a lot of success by myself with regards "MKBDATA.DAT" via any search engines or othe research. Thought"you may have laid it out wrong"

What did after come up after leaving out the DAT and breaking up MKBDATA to MKB DATA was reference to,---- CD/DVD.

After quick look over article thought you may have been burning a CD/DVD that was unable to be done.

(The MKBDATA.DAT or MKB DATA missing file may have been related.("a new way to stop us from burning CD/DVD" by leaving some file on system)

Media Key Block =(MKB)DATA

Otherwise "no idea at all".Took a stab at your thread as it was empty for some time.

click here

This took a lot longer to type :)

JIM 21:03 07 Nov 03

"mainly used for gaming" maybe i should learn to read "all"

If "MKBDATA.DAT" belongs to one of your games that are part installed you may have to reinstall whatever game it may belong to. Id the game which will be the hard part,if that is the case.

sorry, still no positive answer.

Gannondorf 21:27 07 Nov 03

Thanks for that JIM,I don't burn cd's but you could be on the right track about the games.I will reinstall the games I am using and see if it does any good.

regards Gannondorf.

JIM 21:32 07 Nov 03

Ok not being funny,refer to

click here=

have tried english to ? via translate in AOL,not my forte.

Giggle n' Bits 21:33 07 Nov 03

if this rectifys the problem.

JIM 21:36 07 Nov 03

really sorry link in google,type in MKBDATA. DAT

not my night:)

... 41, 07/02, 100, Opstartsfejl! (3), cmjeppesen. 42, 07/02, 60, Error: mkbdata.dat
file missing (5), marathon. 43, 06/02, 50, hvorfor genstarter min computer..... ...
click here BES/1_0/TIP/1_0/AFV/8_0/NG/1_0 - 93k - Supplemental Result - Cached - Similar pages

translate still needed.

Gannondorf 21:43 07 Nov 03

Done a system restore and re-installed the games, makes no difference.

Gannondorf 22:49 07 Nov 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…