//some 3rd party need geo

missing file-any ideas!!

cracker23 01:23 21 Jan 03
  cracker23 01:23 21 Jan 03

on running norton utilities(win doctor)it comes up with this:c\WINDOWS\system32\MAPISRVR.EXE cannot access a necessary file gapi32.dll i've had to re-install windows twice on the same computer and both times it has come up with this(not straight away,but a few days later).whatever it is it doesnt cause any problems but i'm just curious to know what this file is thanks

cracker23 01:25 21 Jan 03

if i dont answer i'm not being ignorant-i'm just going to bed now-nite nite

DieSse 01:54 21 Jan 03

It seems to be part of Office, if that's any help. However I'm not a norton utilities fan - so if you've not got any errors in emailing with MAPI (maybe you don't even use MAPI) - then I would ignore it.

jazzypop 03:01 21 Jan 03

Try a repair of MS Office first.

If that fails, you could always try installing a new copy of gapi.dll from click here

Find your existing gapi.dll first, and make a copy of it so that you can restore the original if required.

cracker23 08:31 21 Jan 03

thanks for the help-diesse,i think i'll take your advice and ignore it as i hardly use office and dont use it for email-what will happen if i leave the the errors that utilites comes up with tho(and there were quite a few)? i've used it in the past and think it causes more problems than it fixes

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…