Missing File

nutcrusher 18:28 23 Apr 03

Lost file dfs.vxd - can any one help by advising from which program comes from. I've tried Files folders without success.

beeuuem 18:46 23 Apr 03

Which O/s are you using?
If you are using Win98 you can extract the file from your installation disc using System File Checker - extract a file- and replace it in Windows/system folder.

MAJ 20:38 23 Apr 03

That is an old Win 98 problem, nutcrusher, but that file usually goes missing along with VREDIR.VXD and MSNP32.DLL. If that is the same for you and beeuuem's suuggestion doesn't work, the usual way to fix the problem (I've had to do it a number of times on Win98 machines), is to remove Client for Microsoft Network from Control Panel > Network (if I remember correctly) then reinstall it again. Re-booting in between.

beeuuem 20:46 23 Apr 03

I've never had this problem myself (touching wood!) Looking in Google did throw up the scenario you describe, though I didn't find an answer to the problem. Just in case, I have made a note of your solution -thanks.
B

MAJ 20:56 23 Apr 03

There is an answer to it on Google somewhere. I found the solution by trial and error about 18 months ago, then came across the solution on Google a while after that, while looking for something else (isn't always the way?). I was pleasantly surprised and not unchuffed when I did find it, but if I had to go back to the article, I couldn't. I know I should have taken note of the site at the time and I can't say why I didn't. Nought out of ten for forward planning, eh?

nutcrusher 06:26 24 Apr 03

Thanks to you all problem solved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…