missing file

rocketbob 21:27 08 Mar 12

i am trying to install mp hp printer c4580 on my laptop [just upgraded from vista to w7] when i install the hp program it stops and says. error dot4wrapper repair, file missing HPZIDR12. i have removed the hp program then renstalled it but the file is still not in windows\system32.

robin_x 21:37 08 Mar 12

See first and third links here.

(WOT reports 3rd link as reputable).

rocketbob 22:52 08 Mar 12

hi robinofloxley is it www.dill.dill.com i want. is safe to use this because i used a registry cleaner once when i used vista and my printer played up then. i have thought about doing a clean install with windows would that put the file back and it would clean all the crap left behind from unstalling programs.

robin_x 23:02 08 Mar 12

The first link says if you go and get the drivers from the hp website, HPZIDR12.dll should be included.

The third IS a link to download HPZIDR12.dll form another site.

Enter the verification code.

rocketbob 22:16 09 Mar 12

went to hp web site download full feature software then run the update and the printer is working. i thought the full feature software was up to date thats where i was making a mistake. i even used the hp wizard and that did not sort it. the only thing i am getting is a notice in hp solution center printer not connected any how robinofloxley many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5