missing file

rocketbob 21:27 PM 08 Mar 12

i am trying to install mp hp printer c4580 on my laptop [just upgraded from vista to w7] when i install the hp program it stops and says. error dot4wrapper repair, file missing HPZIDR12. i have removed the hp program then renstalled it but the file is still not in windows\system32.

robin_x 21:37 PM 08 Mar 12

See first and third links here.

(WOT reports 3rd link as reputable).

rocketbob 22:52 PM 08 Mar 12

hi robinofloxley is it www.dill.dill.com i want. is safe to use this because i used a registry cleaner once when i used vista and my printer played up then. i have thought about doing a clean install with windows would that put the file back and it would clean all the crap left behind from unstalling programs.

robin_x 23:02 PM 08 Mar 12

The first link says if you go and get the drivers from the hp website, HPZIDR12.dll should be included.

The third IS a link to download HPZIDR12.dll form another site.

Enter the verification code.

rocketbob 22:16 PM 09 Mar 12

went to hp web site download full feature software then run the update and the printer is working. i thought the full feature software was up to date thats where i was making a mistake. i even used the hp wizard and that did not sort it. the only thing i am getting is a notice in hp solution center printer not connected any how robinofloxley many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…