missing file

chelle35 13:05 18 Jul 05

i have norton systemworks 2005 and it keeps telling me i have some missing files it says
missing filec/programfiles/commonfiles/install sheild/professional/runtime/0700/intel 32/ dot net installer exe. cannot access a necessary file mscoree.dll want to no what i can do to rectify this or how important it is please it says on norton only a medium risk at the moment it is overheating and crashing a lot but dont think this is the cause the temp is getting upto 53c and then all freezes started doing it only when playing games changed resolution thinking that was it had case open with a fan now has started doing when am not playing games the sys temp seems lovely and cool but the processor temp is a bit to hot it has 5 fans plus processor fan any advice on both would be apreciated

windows xp home amd athlon(tm)xp2500+
1.83ghz 512mb ram
nvidea geforce fx 5200

MidgetMan 13:42 18 Jul 05

click here to get file,

click here to read up on it.

keith-236785 16:01 18 Jul 05

when you install norton ghost, it also requests you to install net.passport, it seems like during the install it missed the needed file, what i would do is to uninstall norton systemworks and reboot, after it has re-started, monitor your system without norton installed. if indeed it is affecting your system (highly unlikely) then you need to ask if you really need norton installing.

my system is pretty similar to yours, win XP Pro, Athlon XP2600, 768MB Ram, FX5200

with a Thermaltake CPU fan @ 2679RPM my proc temp is now 44°, rising to about 50° when playing games. i encounter the odd freeze but only when playing one game so im putting it down to the game. i have two case fans, one sucking in and one blowing out. 350watt PSU (included with cheap case, nothing special) two H/D, 1*IDE 80gig & 1*SATA 160 gig, one cdrw/dvd combo drive and one dvd burner.

you dont say what the temp is but AMD's site claims the procs MAX temp is 90° (though i would worry if mine went over 60) if i unplug the two case fans, my temp rises under load to about 58°.

i use speedfan from click here to monitor the temperatures and fan speeds.

hope this helps

chelle35 16:52 18 Jul 05

i have core centre on mine and a friend to alter something in the bios and temp has gone from 55c to 44c and its so far has not crashed have not tryed a game yet did not want to push it but the problem i have is when it gets to 50 or over

woodchip 16:57 18 Jul 05

You need to reload Norton, As another program as over written files that Norton as loaded

Vimal 12:11 20 Apr 06

Thanks for the answer of where to get the .dll

But where do I put it?

Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…