missing file?

Chirag 10:32 01 Aug 04

my laptop its pentium 3 windows xp 1ghz 256mb ram......and the problem is that when i turn on my laptop and log in it brings up this error or missing file window sayin cannot find "msurl32.exe" make sure u typed the name correct...and then when i click ok it opens another window saying about the same thing but in the registry n then i press ok and i can carry on with my work... can u tell me what the problem is....its not just "msurl32.exe" there are lots of others....bcoz i turn it off by going to the system startup configuration then after a few days it comes up again but with different file...can some1 plz tell me wat the problem is? and how to fix it and why this is happening...any help would be appreciated...

Falkyrn 10:41 01 Aug 04

You have or had a trojan in your system which has not been properly cleared out therefore when XP starts it looks for the files which the altered registry have told it are needed

see click here for more info re this trojan

Chirag 10:52 01 Aug 04

how did it enter my laptop? is it from the internet... because i dont have internet on my laptop...and can u plz tell me how to remove it?

Falkyrn 11:05 01 Aug 04

Strangely the link provided above describes this "malware" as "not in the wild" so how it got on to your laptop is anybodys guess.

Removal .... there are various methods suggested when a search is done through google from installing adaware from click here and then spybot from click here

some other entries also suggest that you may be required to edit the registry ... this you do at your own risk .... the results from spybot should let you know if this is necessary

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…