//some 3rd party need geo

missing file

yorkieman 15:00 26 May 04

hi can anyone help me, when i boot up my comp i get the message ( cannot find a device file that may be needed to run windows or windows application---the windows registry or system.in file refers to this device file but the device file no longer exist---if you deleted this file on purpose try uninstalling the assocciated application using its uninstal or setup prog---the missing file is SMLDDRV.UXD) all greek to me i dont remember deleting any file. i would be glad of any help i am using windows 98se

recap 15:16 26 May 04

Run the System File checker. To do this go to Start/Run and type in SFC accept the default settings and click Start. Have your O/S disc handy as you may need it.

rawprawn 15:20 26 May 04

Run a system file check. Put your OS Cd in your CD Drive and exit ( leave it in the drive ) Go to Start/run/ type sfc /scannow then hit OK. I am on XP but I think it's the same for 98

yorkieman 00:35 27 May 04

sorry but i do not have the os cd

Dan the Confused 00:46 27 May 04

I would suggest borrowing the disc from somewhere.

Wak 09:24 27 May 04

Hi, I run Win 98SE and cannot find your missing file in my system therefore I suggest that it is a file needed for a program you have installed and which starts up on boot-up.
Go to Start/ Run/ type Msconfig/ Startup and then disable programs (not Explorer or Systray) until you can boot up normally. This should let you know which program needs the missing file and you can then remove the program and then re-install it.
I hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…