missing file

vally 08:03 25 Apr 04

trying to re-install my hp deskjet 3550 printer but the cd rom fails because of a missing file " hpzimc09.dll" tried downloading driver and software from hp site but that fails too I don't think it's my firwall or anti-virus system stopping me
all I need is to get the missing file, i've tried a search on the hp site but couldn't find it there either

rawprawn 08:13 25 Apr 04

You should find it here click here

Stuartli 08:22 25 Apr 04

Have you run System File Checker?

Gongoozler 09:35 25 Apr 04

Hi vally. I can't find any reference to this file, however the nearest I can find on my computer with Windows 98se and an HP959c are in the C:\Windows\System, C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HPZ\Glue\enu\drivers\Win9x_ME, and C:\dj950\Win9x_ME\enu\drivers\Win9x_ME. The first is a Windows system file, the second is the HP Deskjet installed drivers, and the third is a folder I created for the drivers downloaded from the HP site. The Windows sysyem file is of type dll, and is where I think you should find hpzimc09.dll. The others are dl_, which means that they are not installed. Your installation disk should have the dl_ version of the file. Hopefully this information will help you point your installer in the right direction.

keith-236785 11:52 25 Apr 04

have you tried uninstalling the printer (control panel/ add-remove programs), and also check there are no other printers installed.

if you are connecting via USB, you will have to unplug the usb lead untill it tells you to plug it in.

HP printers can be a pain to install on win98, try and try again.

vally 12:27 25 Apr 04

I had to download the software for the 3500 series as opposed to the driver update for the 3550, then it installed and ran normally
thanks for all the comments

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…