Missing File

Gordon33 17:05 14 Jan 04

After one of my occasional installing and removing sessions trying out software from your magazine I ran Norton Utilities 2003 One Button Check Up to get rid of any dross left behind.

It advised me that I was missing a file in the Program Integrity Scan section. The message is as follows; Missing Program File C:\ProgramFiles\InstallShield\Professional\RunTime\0701\Intel32\DotNet.Installer.exe cannot access a necessary file "ms coree.dll".

Pressing the fix button seems to correct the error but the message shows up again after the next check. My PC seems to run OK but I don't know what this missing file does or whether I need to replace it or can safely delete it. I don't know where it belongs and I wonder if any of the brain boxes out there have any ideas?

My sincere thanks in advance

Gongoozler 17:08 14 Jan 04
  spikeychris 17:09 14 Jan 04
  VoG II 17:11 14 Jan 04
  Jester2K 17:25 14 Jan 04

Sorry to this but its nothing to do with NewDotNet!!

Copied from click here

[It is an] installation routine connected to .Net Framework, an advanced Web-building application.

SystemWorks does not like that the routine is there with no discernible connection to anything real going on in your PC.

So it flags mscoree.dll and DotNetInstaller.exe, which is also part of Framework.

As Symantec put it, the "message can safely be ignored."

Gordon33 17:25 14 Jan 04

Thanks a million to all. The speed of the replies is astounding. Great Magazine and great readers. I'm now going to try resolving another problem

Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…