missing file?

swapper 20:55 01 Nov 03

WindowsXP home edition.

I have started getting a message ""cannot find swflash.ocx" when I do a search for this file I can see that it is in c:windows\servicepackfiles\i386.
any ideas please.
I have also noticed that while online, on some sites, instead of getting a picture I am now getting a blank box with a small icon top left hand corner. is this related to the .ocx?

obbit 21:11 01 Nov 03

have a look here. click here or do a search on google.

i did and there looks like quite a few have this problem.

hope this helps

obbit 21:33 01 Nov 03

click here you can download the missing file from the list

i hope it works. haven't got the problem so not tried it.

best of luck

powerless 21:36 01 Nov 03
  swapper 21:48 01 Nov 03

Thanks obbit, I have had a look at this site, and yes, there are a few others that have had my small problem.
The site looks o.k. but it seems to me that although you can ask a question there, unlike this excellent forum, you cannot read any of the answers given, but have to wait for a personal email response?
I'll use that site as a second option, thanks again, but with a bit of luck I will get an answer (as usual) here.
Please don't think I am ungrateful for your response, far from it :-))

obbit 22:29 01 Nov 03

you're more than welcome swapper. i hope you get the answer

swapper 23:01 01 Nov 03

obbit - Thanks, I went to that site, saw the file I wanted but when I tried to get it I got a message saying "Leech error, contact the web master etc" ??

Powerless, I have been to the Macromedia site, (uninstalled what I hope was the existing player on my PC to make a fresh install), but I just cannot download from this site, although I got have just got shockwave via that site. it's time for a large whiskey I think ? :-))

Wak 11:33 02 Nov 03

I use Win 98SE and also have this file (396KB) but it is in C:\Windows/ system/ Macromedia/ Flash.
If you already have this file on your system, why not try and click and drag a copy of it into another folder such as one similar to the above.
It won't do any harm if it isn't needed in that folder so it can be removed later if necessary.
It is also in my C:\Windows/ Program files/ Musicmatch folder.

swapper 13:05 02 Nov 03

Thanks Wak, but now I have uninstalled mac.flash
thinking I could reinstall from the the complete programme, but I am getting a page errof from the downloading page of Macromedia?
So at the moment I have nothing on my PC concerning flash?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…