missing file

kakasnarta 19:29 24 Sep 03

Can anyone help with problem regarding a missing file report with norton windoctor it has done a scan and reports 1 problem with a missing file which it cannot find,the operating system is XP homeand the missing file is mscoree.dll,what is this file?and how do i replace it ?.it says that the file might be on a removeable drive but i have not backed up any files latley or deleted any files.the only thing done recently is to install a game.
thanks kaka

JIM 19:43 24 Sep 03
  JIM 19:52 24 Sep 03

also mscoree.dll is required for the vbs.net framework.

otherwise

You do not need that file. This is a Norton Win Doctor "error"?

WinDoctor is pretty good at establishing certain file dependencies, but it can't tell you whether a certain file is actually required to run on your machine.

You can solve this two ways

Either delete your Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield folder, which can be missed, or tell WinDoctor to ignore this 'error'.

kakasnarta 20:02 24 Sep 03

Thanks JIM i thought it was not a big problem,and have in fact told norton to ignore the problem,everything works fine and all programs seem to run alright(touch wood)just hadnt come across this error beforebut thanks for the link i know where to get download if i need it......kaka

gigo 07:39 25 Sep 03

ethernet adapter not working !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…