Missing ethernet controller

gav223 10:26 31 Jul 09

Hi.

I have just re-installed my vista home premuim OS and the ethernet controller is missing.

I am sending this message from a freinds laptop.

How can I install the ethernet controller for my PC, considering that I cannot connect to the internet.

Many thanks.

PO79 13:16 31 Jul 09

The most likely cause for something missing after a re-install is the driver is missing. Look in device manager and see if there is a little exclamation mark next to the LAN controller. If so insert your mobo CD and install the driver from there. If no cd then visit your PC manufacturers website and download from there.

gav223 14:36 31 Jul 09

Hi PO79.

My Pc is from dell and after looking on there site I don't know what I'm looking for.

I did however download something called download manager, but I don't know what to do with it.

I cannot chat to them as the Pc was bought outside the UK and Ireland.

Whatever I do, how do I then get it over to the Pc as I will have to download anything to this laptop.

Thanks.

PO79 16:24 31 Jul 09

Post the model number of your PC. If you download to the lappy, copy to a Floppy\CD-R\RW or USB thumb drive and move to the PC.

gav223 18:01 31 Jul 09

Thanks PO79.

After reading your first reply I found it via the Dell site and downloaded it to a usb drive.

I then transfered it to the PC and it worked fine.

Thanks very much.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now