missing drivers

braiman 12:02 06 Apr 07

I have recently had a big problem with my PC. I lost communication with the internet. Having phoned my ISP helpline and not solving the problem I phoned the PC manufacturer (Mesh) who advised that as my partition was corupted to reinstall via the recovery disk. This I did first backing up all I could. However in the process I lost some drivers the following are diplayed with yellow? Other devices, multimedia audio controller, other pci bridge device, pci memory controller, sm bus controller, video controller(vga compatable},and pci bridge device.
I have also appeared to have lost sony x dual layer dvd rewritable +R/-R/RW I have cotacted Mesh in hope that all can be recovered any advice? RGDS Braiman

MichelleC 12:04 06 Apr 07

If Mesh is like Dell there should be a drivers partition or cd.

skidzy 13:11 06 Apr 07

Looks like your in a bit of a mess with the lack of drivers,not to worry its something we should be able to sort out.

Ok,firstly-do you have the motherboard drivers disc,this may be named something like Drivers and Utilities,if you have this....run this.

If you do not have the driver disc,run Belarc click here this will tell us more information about what exactly needs replacing/installing.

You could also try a recovery/Restore from the hidden partition if this exists.Normally tapping F11 on startup (before windows loads) will give you 3 options,i would suggest the destructive settings (back to factory settings).

braiman 16:05 08 Apr 07

Thanks for the advice but I seem to be in as much trouble. I tried tapping F11 with no result at all, I (foolishly?)tried reinstalling windows, bad mistake, had problems getting back to internet, have now as you can see managed it,
I am still missing drivers. In desperation I even tried formating the hard drive but it would not allow me to do that. Useing the Mesh recovery cd only allows re-installation of windows which does not solve the problems as all the drivers are not re-installed. I feel that they (the drivers)must be hiding in there somewhere! I still live in hope that there is a solution or mustI replace the hard drive?
Rgds Braiman

skidzy 17:32 08 Apr 07

Ok, if you have internet access now on the pc in question....

Goto device manager (Windows Key + Pause/hardware) select device manager.
Now look for any yellow exclaimation marks,right click these in turn and update the driver,you should have search the web as an option,select this.

If none or some of the drivers will not update,run Belarc click here and copy and paste its report here.This may show some of your liecense keys...delete these before posting.
Come back to us when you have done this.

At this stage i see no reason to replace the harddrive at all.

Also try different keys as opposed to F11,F8 should be safemode.You may have to try several combinations such as ctrl+alt+F10

braiman 14:19 09 Apr 07

America Online Version 9.00.001 *
America Online, Inc. - AOL Service Libraries Version 1.5.6.1 *
America Online, Inc. - AOL Version 9.00.001 *
AOL Companion Version 1, 6, 2, 0 *
AOL Connectivity Service Version 4.6.61.4.UK.4.6.34.1 *
AOL LLC - System Information Application Version 2, 3, 7, 1 *
Apple Computer, Inc. - QuickTime QuickTime 6.5 *
Belarc, Inc. - Advisor Version 7.2k *
Canon Camera Access Library 8 Version 8, 1, 0, 14 *
Canon Utilities CameraLauncher Version 2, 1, 0, 4 *
Canon Utilities CameraLauncher Version 2, 2, 0, 4 *
Canon Utilities PhotoStitch Launcher Version 3.1.4.5 *
Cinematronics - 3D Pinball Version 5.1.2600.2180 *
Configure *
DSLAGENTEXE *
EOS Utility Version 1, 0, 2, 16 *
EPSON Print CD Version 1.50 *
Epson Scan and Save Version 1, 1, 0, 0 *
Friendly Products Version 1, 0, 0, 0 *
GlobespanVirata, Inc. - DSL Status Version 4.0.7 *
GRISOFT, s.r.o. - AVG 7.5 Anti-Virus System Version 7.5.0.420 *
GRISOFT, s.r.o. - AVG Anti-Virus system Version 7.5.0.445 *
InstallDriver Module Version 8.00 *
Microsoft (R) .NET Framework Version 1.1.4322.2032 *
Microsoft (r) Windows Script Host Version 5.6.0.8820 * Microsoft Corporation - Internet Explorer Version 6.00.2900.2180 *
Microsoft Corporation - Windows Installer - Unicode Version 3.1.4000.1823 *
Microsoft Corporation - Windows Movie Maker Version 2.1.4026.0 *
Microsoft Corporation - Windows® NetMeeting® Version 3.01 *
Microsoft Corporation - Zone.com Version 1.2.626.1 *
Microsoft Data Access Components Version 3.525.1117.0 *
Microsoft Office 2003 Version 11.0.5703 *
Microsoft QFixApp Version 3.4.2505.0 *
Microsoft(R) Windows Media Player Version 9.00.00.3250 *
Microsoft® Works 8 Version 8.04.0702.0 *
MindVision - Installer VISE 2.8.3 Version 2.8.3 *
piolch Module Version 1, 0, 0, 1 *
RealNetworks, Inc. - RealPlayer (32-bit) Version 6.0.9.584 *
SEIKO EPSON CORP. - Copy Utility Version 3, 2, 0, 0 *
SEIKO EPSON Corp. - EPSON Attach To Email Version 1, 0, 1, 0 *
SEIKO EPSON CORP. - EPSON Scan Version 3.0 *
SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION - DspReadMe Version 1.00 *
SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION - EPSON Easy Photo Print Version 1.40 *
SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION - EPSON File Manager Version 1.30 *
SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION - EPSON PRINT Image Framer Tool Version 3.20 *
SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION - EPSON Status Monitor 3 Version 4.00 *
SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION - SETUP APPLICATION Version 6.00 *
Wizards to adjust .NET Framework security, assign trust to assemblies, and fix broken .NET applications. Version 1.0.5000.0 *
Zb Module Version 5.6.0.27 *

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Click to see where software is installed.
a. Megahertz measurement may be inaccurate if other programs were busy during last analysis.
b. Data may be transferred on the bus at one, two, or four times the Bus Clock rate.
c. Memory slot contents may not add up to Installed Memory if some memory is not recognized by Windows.
d. Memory slot contents is reported by the motherboard BIOS. Contact system vendor if slot contents are wrong.
e. This may be the manufacturer's factory installed product key rather than yours.
Hope this is right Braiman

skidzy 17:53 09 Apr 07

That seems to be basically a list of installed programs and software.

Please run Belarc again and look to the right hand side for Main Circuit Board details and post back.

Alternatively run Everesthome click here click on motherboard and post what it says under motherboard name.
Also list your pc make and model please.

braiman 09:27 10 Apr 07

Circuit Board b
1.80 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64
128 kilobyte primary memory cache
512 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: ASUSTek Computer INC. A8NE-FM 1.00
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD ASUS A8NE-FM ACPI BIOS Revision 1004 03/10/2005 03/10/2005
Drives Memory Modules c,d
163.91 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
127.56 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

SONY DVD RW DW-Q28A [CD-ROM drive]
3.5" format removeable media [Floppy drive]

Maxtor 6L160M0 [Hard drive] (163.92 GB) -- drive 0 1024 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot 'A0' has 512 MB
Slot 'A1' has 512 MB
Slot 'A2' is Empty
Slot 'A3' is Empty

PC is Mesh matrix ascenda purchased August 05 Hope I have it right this time many thanks rgds braimann

Taff™ 10:56 10 Apr 07

The Motherboard is manufactured by Fujitsu click here and click the link to Asus or scroll down the page. Chipset is nForce 4 and Audio is Realtek ALC655 - 6ch.

Taff™ 11:06 10 Apr 07

click here and see if this matches your needs. Audio seems to be included but check the release notes.

skidzy - what do you think?

The alternative source for the drivers is the Mesh site click here and select My Mesh Computer - you will have to register but then you should be able to find the drivers for the exact model. Perhaps try this route first.

braiman 14:43 10 Apr 07

I looked at the Nvidia site as you suggested but the discription of the download does not appear to match the items I have missing from my Pc. I am a little nervous of downloading something that I am not sure about. I have tried the Mesh support and checked the profile of my PC however when I click on to "manufacturers driver" of the relevent components there is a permanent legend no help is available for this item at this time.
Should I chance downloading the Nvidia drivers I guess I could delete them if they don`t do the job.I am very grateful for the help and advice I am recieving from all concerned. Rgds Braiman

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…