'Missing DLL'? But which one+what to do to fix it?

buel 22:28 16 Oct 13

Hi, I was trying to install a programme I really need when I got this message: click here can I ask how to I find out which 'DLL' is missing and what I can do about it?

Thank you to all the brilliant helpers on here!

Please

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:57 16 Oct 13

try unregister and re-register Windows installer.

1. "Start" menu, Type Run in the search bar and hit enter.

2. "Open" box, type "msiexec /unreg", and then press ENTER.

3. "Start" menu, Type” Run” in the search bar and hit enter.

4. "Open" box, type "msiexec /regserver", and then press ENTER.

re run the installer for your program

buel 18:48 17 Oct 13

Hi Fruitbat, I did that and tried to re-run the installation and got this: click here can only assume that it is a Firewall problem. Please can I ask how do i allow this program, bearing in mind as it hasn't installed yet so isn't in the list of programs?

I

northumbria61 18:56 17 Oct 13

buel - if you have already downloaded the program and not connecting to the Internet, then you could try disabling your Firewall, install, the re-enable your Firewall.

buel 19:40 17 Oct 13

Hi, Thanks for that. I have just disabled the Firewall and still get the samemessage? What on earth could this be, please?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:59 17 Oct 13

I would re-download in case its a corrupted download then retry.

buel 20:11 17 Oct 13

Darn it!! It still shows that message!!

iscanut2 20:18 17 Oct 13

Have you tried this ?

click here

buel 20:18 17 Oct 13

Hmmmmm......just downloaded, unpacked and run Ccleaner just fine?

rdave13 20:22 17 Oct 13

Try using Revo to uninstall it completely. Reboot and run Ccleaner. Try installing it again. PS I would make all your albums on Photobucket private.

buel 20:34 17 Oct 13

Thanks rDave, I think i've done the photobucket thing. The program doesn't appear on the Revo list but I'll try to Ccleaner, restart then Ccleaner again and give it a shot!! Thank you for this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…