Missing DLL or not? Please help

Saltyseadog 22:46 28 Jun 03

Hi,

I was updating drivers for my soundcard today and have now received the following messages every time I reboot "A required CtkbRes.DLL cannot be found, make sure it is in the correct directory" followed by "A required CtSuRes.DLL cannot be found, make sure it is in the correct directory". I have restored to an earlier configuration but the messages stil keep coming up. It also seems to cause a fault with my Norton Firewall intermittently. Any help will be very much appreciated.

barryoneoff.co.uk 22:57 28 Jun 03

is that you enter each one in the search function of 'My computer'.

If they dont turn up, they are missing, and if they do turn up in the wrong place you will have to try to find out where they should be moved to.

Good luck, Whiz...

Saltyseadog 23:01 28 Jun 03

barryoneoff.co.uk, thanks for the input I'd tried that and they don't show up, also I tried the DLL.com website without any luck there either. I'm gettin bomb happy at the moment so I'll try again in the morning

Saltyseadog 14:35 29 Jun 03

I'm still getting a message "A required CtkbRes.DLL cannot be found, make sure it is in the correct directory" followed by "A required CtSuRes.DLL cannot be found, make sure it is in the correct directory" even though I have reloaded my soundblaster 5.1 live drivers, there also seems to be an intermittent conflict with Norton Firewall which I have also reinstalled. All help gratefully received.

woodchip 14:59 29 Jun 03

Reload Norton Firewall

Saltyseadog 15:42 29 Jun 03

Already tried reloading Norton Firewall with no joy and still getting the error messages.

woodchip 16:07 29 Jun 03

Remove it first from add/remove, then delete folder for Norton firewall from Win Explorer then try reload

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…